Maldivian citizens residing in Switzerland, Italy and Turkey can renew their expired National Identification Cards through the Maldives Embassy by following the instructions below.
To renew an expired ID Card, please prepare the following documents for submission to the Embassy:
- A covering letter requesting a ID renewal, including details of all enclosed documents
- A fully completed ID application form (please remember to include a current contact number and signatures in the relevant boxes). The ID application form can be downloaded : ID Card Application-Form
- Two passport-sized photographs on a white background. Details of these requirements can be found at the bottom of the application form
- The applicant’s current ID card
- ID Card fees – The payment for the application has to be made by a Maldivian residing in Male’ and these details must be included in the cover letter.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are submitted when making your application
Following receipt of application, ID card renewal will take approximately upto 2-3 weeks.
Renewal will take longer if the necessary documents are missing, incomplete or not in accordance with requirements, and/or payment is incorrect.