Maldivian citizens residing in Switzerland, Italy and Turkey can renew their expired National Identification Cards through the Maldives Embassy by following the instructions below.
To renew an expired passport, please prepare the following documents for submission to the Embassy:
- A covering letter requesting a ID renewal, including details of all enclosed documents
- A fully completed ID application form (please remember to include a current contact number and signatures in the relevant boxes). The ID application form can be downloaded here
- Two passport-sized photographs on a white background. Details of these requirements can be found at the bottom of the application form
- The applicant’s current ID card
- Passport fees (see below)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are submitted when making your application
Following receipt of application, ID card renewal will take approximately 12 working days.
Renewal will take longer if the necessary documents are missing, incomplete or not in accordance with requirements, and/or payment is incorrect.
Please inquire for more information about fees.