Maldivian citizens residing in the Switzerland, Turkey and Italy can renew their expired passports through the Maldives Embassy by following the instructions below.
Please note that these instructions apply to Maldivians wishing to renew expired passports. For information on the issuance of a passport for the first time click here, for the issuance of a passport in the event that a passport has been lost, stolen or damaged click here, and for the issuance of temporary travel documents click here.
To renew an expired passport, please prepare the following documents for submission to the Embassy in person or by post:
- A covering letter requesting a passport renewal, including details of all enclosed documents
- A fully completed passport application form (please remember to include a current contact number and signatures in the relevant boxes). The passport application form can be downloaded here: passport_form_a5-1
- A fully completed form (IM32) as per the new regulations of Maldives Immigration. The form can be downloaded here: IM32 Form
- Two passport-sized photographs that comply with the requirements set out by Maldives Immigration. Details of these requirements can be found here
- The applicant’s current passport
- A copy of the applicant’s Maldivian Identification Card
- Filled out and scanned copy of consent letter. The letter can be downloaded here; iguraaru-letter (1)
- Passport fees (see below)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are submitted when making your application
Following receipt of application, passport renewal will take approximately up to 2-3 weeks.
Renewal will take longer if the necessary documents are missing, incomplete or not in accordance with requirements, and/or payment is incorrect.
Passport Fees for the application has to be made through a Maldivian residing in Male’ and these details must be included in the cover letter.