Maldivian citizens residing in Switzerland, Italy and Turkey can replace their lost, stolen or damaged passports through the Maldives Embassy by following the instructions below.
Please note that these instructions apply to Maldivians wishing to replace lost, stolen or damaged passports only. For information on the renewal of an expired passport click here, for the issuance of a passport for the first time click here, and for the issuance of temporary travel documents click here.
To replace a lost, damaged or stolen passport, please prepare the following documents for submission to the Embassy in person or by post:
- A covering letter requesting a replacement passport, including details of the cause of loss/damage, and details of all enclosed documents.
- If the previous passport was stolen, a police report from a local police station
- A fully completed passport application form (please remember to include a current contact number and signatures in the relevant boxes). The passport application form can be downloaded here
- A fully complicated vetting form (IM32) as per the new regulations of Maldives Immigration. The form can be downloaded here.
- Two passport-sized photographs that comply with the requirements set out by Maldives Immigration. Details of these requirements can be found here
- A copy of the applicant’s Maldivian Identification Card
- Passport fees (see below)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are submitted when making your application
Following receipt of application, passport renewal will take approximately 12 working days.
Renewal will take longer if the necessary documents are missing, incomplete or not in accordance with requirements, and/or payment is incorrect.
Please inquire for further information on fees.