Permanent Mission of the Republic of Maldives to the United Nations Office
and other International Organisations at Geneva
Deadline: 15 January 2019, 0500 PM (WTO focussed Internship)
Deadline: 22 January 2019, 0500 PM (General HRC Internship)
Type: Full-time Internship
Remuneration: A token remuneration
Duration: 3 months’ minimum (to begin 1 February 2019)
Schedule: Full time 09:00 am – *05:00 pm (with 1 hr lunch break)
*During the Human Rights Council sessions, because UN meetings may begin at 9 am and continue till late evening, interns will be expected to work till 6:00 pm. UN holidays and weekends are observed.
- The internship program provides talented, young individuals with a unique opportunity to gain work experience in a Permanent Mission to the UN in Geneva.
- The Maldives is an active nation at the UN Human Rights Council, and our interns gain first-hand experience at Council sessions, working on resolutions, conducting research, and drafting official statements.
- The interns will be working side by side with our diplomats on important issues at the Mission. The Maldives delegation will actively engage in the Sessions of Human Rights Council. The Maldives delegation will also be engaging in the Working Group on Universal Periodic Review (UPR) and other Human Rights and UN related meetings.
- In addition to the UN HRC, the Maldives Mission covers other international organizations in Geneva, such as WTO, WIPO, IOM, UNCTAD, WHO, ILO etc. Interns will be expected to attend meetings, prepare reports, perform background research, and to assist with administrative and clerical tasks.
Candidates should have:
• A strong knowledge of human rights issues and the functioning of the Council.
• Background on human rights issues, international law, or international relations.
• Good communication and writing skills in English.
• Candidates with working knowledge of French will be considered favourably.
Interested candidates are invited to complete the attached form, and send it along with their CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org A phone interview will be held for short-listed candidates before selection.